I am 5 months pregnant and I might have to quit my job for safety reasons. I work for which is a co Servpro Disaster Restoration. , We do works of fire and mold. I worked there full time since August 2008. This is my second pregnancy and I have had a lot of back pain at work and I suffer from severe migraines. I do not know if I can keep putting my body through this. Their hard work and used a lot of chemicals and demonstration work. I was trying to figure out if I have options if I lose my income because of this. I have Blue Cross and Shield insurance. I can apply? Disability or something? My problem employer contributes nothing. . It is a private owner and is a cheap. $ $ Thanks in advance. Oh yeah. . I'll be 23, married, mother of one year five years old and lives in Louisiana. Paying taxes from 15. I was so happy to find this – Unless you already have a disability insurance policy, it is too late to have one. They all have waiting periods of 12-18 months. Also, you should know that if you quit or go on a medical leave, the employer is not required to continue to pay its share of the group insurance (if you pay any of that now). Which means that to continue coverage, you must go to COBRA. This may not even be an option if it has 20 full-time employees. So we will see if you qualify for Medicaid. As for income, the only solution I see is to go on a working draft-man (if the back and migraines are related to their work) or find another job that is kinder to your body. Also be aware that a worker's comp does not pay his full salary. It is mostly 65-75%.
- Park Slope Mansion: Never a House DividedA Montessori school that made its home in a 50-foot-wide stone palace since 1970 has closed, making way for what could be the most expensive private mansion ever sold, not only in Park Slope but in all of Brooklyn. […]
- In Marine Park, Lending a Hand Is RoutineMarine Park, a solidly middle-class enclave of attached and detached single-family homes, is the kind of place where neighbors check in on neighbors, some of whom have known each other's families for generations. […]
- Remsen Street Townhouse Uses New Stoop to ConquerFor homeowners Stephen Olsen and Cristina Delgado, the history of 42 Remsen St. in Brooklyn Heights has been like a picture puzzle that they have tried to piece together over time. […]
- Cape Cod Estate of Former Toy Executive Hits the Auction BlockA Cape Cod estate previously listed for $12.5 million hits the auction block; in Dallas, a Mount Vernon replica formerly owned by oil tycoon H.L. Hunt lists for $24.9 million; a large Texas ranch formerly asking $44 million goes up for auction. […]
- Silicon Valley VersaillesThis French-château-style house, with a marble entrance, two greenhouses and a gold-leaf ceiling in the ballroom, sits in California's high-tech capital. […]
- Park Slope Mansion: Never a House Divided